Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

Sorry for Angel not coming...
Now I am the southest one, I think...

D'oh!
I have to modify my sentence... The southest european one...

Hi Azazello, there was a gentleman from Milan at Thenay last year driving this wonderful car. So if you are coming from Rome I guess you beat him. I expect he will be there so look out for him.

• DSCF2249.jpg
    DSCF2249.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF2250.jpg
    DSCF2250.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Does coming back from Western most Ireland count for anything? ;) I've just rocked up at a lovely hotel near Sligo!

It's been difficult keeping up this week as I've been on the road so much, but I am around.

How was the contact list going? Are getting a definitive list before we go???

The italian club organized a meeting in Torino on tuesday evening to leave Italy all together on friday morning... I think I will come with tuscan friends, maybe some roman too...
I'm not from Rome, but a few km in the north, on the etruscan coast... I'm from Tarquinia... does anyone know? A little city, a bit more than a town, but quite famous for its archaeological worth... and its politic role in ancient Rome...

How was the contact list going? Are getting a definitive list before we go???

Getting there :roll:

I've got contact details for the following -

Cornish4
iMacThere4Iam
BlueGreen
Pepper
Bison
Malcolm
invisble
Mrs renospeed
Firstandbest
Lobster (obviously...)

It'd be handy if other members travelling to Thenay would PM me their phone numbers (I would add that they will only be circulated to other members who are travelling to Thenay).

Either way I'll send details out by PM to those who have PM'd me probably Tuesday / Wednesday next week.

Last edited:
Unless anyone is coming from the USA I guess you've won the furthest west bit, but only just beating us from Cornwall pepper. Azazello, you have still got a long drive ahead of you, but good that you are in company with other 4Ls.

Google says about 1350 km (Tarquinia - Thenay)... Far too much to be made only for the weekend, so I planned to remain in France with my co-pilot for another week, camping around as tourists... any suggestion?

The Loire Valley in itself is a beautiful area to chill out in, so no need to go too far from Thenay. Lots of camp-site to choose from too I think. Rita and I are going to have an extra week in a b&b to just chill :cool:before the journey home, and back to reality.:(

This time next week we will be on our way. Derek is taking his gordini-powered R4 and I will be in the gordini-powered blue Renospeed F6. We are getting very excited, especially the kids and know of several other non-affiliated R4 owners travelling down. We are travelling on Thursday on 8:50am tunnel crossing aiming to hit Rouen by midday, the Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, Chateaudun, Blois, Thenay. For those of a sporting bent the Tour de France is running through from Le Mans passing through Montrichard tomorrow.
See you all next week!
Becky

Hi guys and gals, just registered over here, been referred by Mrs renospeed :)

I'll be coming to Thenay with my parents with our grey R4L from Malta. Hope to see you there :D

Are there any rally plaques left?

Still plenty of rally plates. I'll bring them with me to Thenay.

I still have to decide where to put mine... Looking for a place where is visible without interfere with my "panorama", rigid no to bend the plate and safe, not to loose it running through France... 88 mph are a hard target to reach, and I miss only the 1,21 gwatt and the flux capacitor...

I think 88 mph will always be im my dreams... my 4L-record is 79.5 mph :)

I'm going to remove my light-bar from the roof for the journey, and fit the plaque somewhere on the bumper.

I reached once 130 Km/h... let's search on google... about 80 mph... but it was a bit downhill, and our speedometers (mine, at least) are a bit optimistic...

I've had 89 mph out of BB, but she does have the Hennessey hot up kit, which came as standard! (She's ex French Police)
The speedo is more accurate than any of my my other cars, when comparing it to my sat nav and mobile gps

I've had 89 mph out of BB, but she does have the Hennessey hot up kit, which came as standard! (She's ex French Police)
The speedo is more accurate than any of my my other cars, when comparing it to my sat nav and mobile gps

I hear a lot about this famous Hennessey hot up kit, but I have no idea what it is?

So Pepper, once you got the hot-kit, it should be a joke to collect even a flux capacitor and some plutonium bar...

Back