Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Spanish Vehicles on Ebay

That explains a lot Lobster! I was sure I bought a TX engine from you many years ago but it didn't make sense.

Apprentice - I think my grump is the multiple threads advertising your cars, and your additional advertising in unrelated threads. We do have a section for advertising Renault 4s and we don't exclude dealers or ask any money for the adverts, but one thread per car would seem sufficient.

Personally I have brought 4 cars back from France. They tend to be less rusty than UK cars but have all needed a lot of mechanical work and most have needed welding for the MOT. I used one from Spain for spares. I don't think a 2004 suggestion to buy a 12 year old car from a dryer climate was unreasonable.
Hello Malcolm. Re: car from a drier climate - above. Surely, it's as much to do with UNtreated roads as atmospheric dryness. If I was in the market for a second R4, my search would begin in a land that enjoys Spring; Summer and Autumn in that order. Certainly not the UK, where, today, LATE July 2015, a council gritter just passed my home spreading "poison" on the A40.
That's today's gripe out of the way. My hubby has expressed annoyance at the increasing amount of time I spend on forums. Slightly unfair, since I don't complain when he's gone with his golfing chums for days on end !! Grrrr
from Alice x

Never been welded for sure but does need some - front wings, possibly top of inner wing. Floor pans sound, boot floor sound. couple of little spots on rear arches. Front chassis web corners. Rear suspension mounts very sound, rear chassis leg at very end was flakey. Its a genuine van, 'Honest' would be how I would describe it. would be an ideal restoration base but I'm looking for something more useable for now.
Hi Colin-I'm seriously interested in the green one - did you see that too? What's it like?

Back