Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Sunroof for Renault 4

Last monday I went to the local scrapyard and got a fabric twingo roof for only €50,-
It fits perfectly on my new TL project

As my wife moans about the lack of fresh air in our R4 compared to our 2CVs, I may consider fitting a Twingo roof if I can find one. It'll avoid me having to actually paint the spotty existing roof ;-) I was offered a Webasto roof when I bought the car last summer but turned the offer down. However it seems the Twingo is the way to go.

Is it the Mk1 Twingo roof that fits the R4 ? I am with Paul I could do with a little more air and might search local breakers down this way to see what might be about

Yes Richard, and I've been looking at some on German ebay and they are a bit expensive. And it's not clear whether they come complete with all of the necessary parts.

Last monday I went to the local scrapyard and got a fabric twingo roof for only €50,-
It fits perfectly on my new TL project

Robert, This is an old thread I know but if you can find another Twingo Mk1 soft top for a similar price at one of your Dutch breakers, I would be interested enough to drive over and buy it from you. Paul.

Hi @Paul Narramore, Ive sold this one and I'll look out for an other one. If you can wait until the next Kent meeting I'll bring it over.

Thanks Robert. There's no rush and the early Twingo was never imported into the U.K. I pm'd. You about any R4 events in the Netherlands before the end of the year. After meeting you at Thenay I spent quite a while searching the campsite but couldn't find your green van.

Back