Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The Kent Run 2009.

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..Just had a communique from Derek F which fixes the date for the Kent run.

Its the 3rd May so put it in you Dairies..

Kent run details:

This years run will be taking place on Sunday 3rd May 2009. The starting point is the same as the year before last; the M2 services between junctions 4 and 5 on the eastbound carriageway. The start will be at 11 o’clock, so arrive early if you want to get breakfast, mingle or chat.

We will have a gentle drive through Kent ending up at Squerryes Court in Westerham, where you can get light refreshments or a restaurant meal. There is a lot to see in the fine old house and superb gardens. Entrance fee is: House and Gardens £7.00 per adult, Seniors £6.00, Garden only is £4.50 per adult, Seniors £4.00.

All classic Renault models are welcome.
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the picture, I thoroughly enjoyed the last lot you sent . The run will be on Sunday 3rd May. I have a scrap R4 but I need the bonnet at the moment because the lockup that it is in leaked like a sieve and I want the engine etc etc. I will let you know if anything turns up.
Best Wishes
Derek

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, the date is in my diary. Well it would be if I had a diary, but I'll plan to be there. Who else is coming?

Dairy or Diary?

Have you got a Dairy Malcolm? If not I will send you one - Would you like a half fat or full fat dairy?

I will probably be in France at that time but will fly back on the Friday so we can have our Saturday night London SE21 R4 BBQ - All welcome - Bring a sleeping bag, lots of bottles, a BIG pack of BBQ chops and Sausages and a towel if you want to wash before going on the run on Sunday - Lets make this the biggest and best run EVER

Are you coming Reidar, Brian, John (Doe) in BH, Captain and Mrs Van Rouge, Matt and Beige Belgian and all the London area team, Ian in Barnstable, the Cornish Crew, The scottish ensembel, the welsh rare bits, The Irish pennywhistlers, Sava and Pasha in Belgrade, Suzanne in Holland, Bertl in Germany, the french and Spanish teams and all the others that I have missed? What about you David in Aus, are you up for a cool weekend in Blighty?

Those abroad dont need to bring their cars - They can ride shotgun in our cars.

This could be good..

• Vcc 1.jpg
    Vcc 1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 334
very tempted !
trying for a mot this week or next so no excuses

so this run wheres it start and end exactly ?

Love too.

2 excuses...my girlfriend will be 8 months pregnant and its a hell of a long way from Lands End...so i wont.....:(
i think you should all do a run to Lands End...lol:o

plus...remember,im from Cornwall....we would get lost past exeter....only used to single unmade roads down here

wahey, the runs on Jimbobs birthday, shall have to check everythings ok with the fair maiden, you know how they get uppity if don't communicate things to them?

..Its not that far to Lands End..

..I went all the way down to Cape Cornwall last weekend to see chums...but they were not there - They were apparently warmly tucked up in their 'other' big house in Tunbridge Wells!!

But it did only take 5 hours to get there..

• xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 328
We hope to make it this year! Do you know the route yet?

• 2006-08-20_Savanne-side.jpg
    2006-08-20_Savanne-side.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 321
I better get my butt into gear and get the engine back into BB very quickly so we can do some shake down miles before the event!

..Kent run route..

..A couple of you have asked about the route - Derek usually makes it a magical mystery tour and we only know the route when we get to the start point which has normally been a service station on the M2 near Rochester.

I have suggested to Derek that as we are trying to get some more of you to join us from up north, we should finish the day not too far south of London and near the M25.

Derek may well tell me the route and if he does I will report back..

• vx 1.jpg
    vx 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 94
Finishing not too far south sounds like a good idea. On the last one we didn't end up too far from where we started which was excellent. (First one ended up in Brighton!)

While you are in communications with Derek the last run didn't involve a rest in the middle, but a rest is useful for those of us who set off before breakfast or who want to swap cars. Or are you doing bacon and eggs in the morning?

..After out big Saturday evening BBQ Malcolm..

..We won't need breakfast but a chinese lunch in a traditional Kentish village pub at lunchtime will be in order and I will tell Derek.

For those who werent there on a previous run, we stopped for lunch at The Old Bull in a lovely Kentish village and.............. it had been converted into a chinese restaurant!! So it was Who Flug Kentish Dung and fried rice for lunch!!

Now what is important is that we all agree NOT to spend the whole bloody day talking about the differerence beween a TL and a GTL - and get on having fun in the sun...

• CIMG0428 x.jpg
    CIMG0428 x.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Ian, not ending up too far south is useful for us getting back north of London. Cheers, Jonathan.

• 2006-08-20_Savanne-rear.jpg
    2006-08-20_Savanne-rear.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 96
Difference 'tween a TL and a GTL?

Dont ask me Pepper, ask Steve (Hennessey), he will know - He also knows the lottery winning numbers for this Saturdays draw!!

I think the GTL goes faster than the TL down hills without you having to put your foot on the atomic accelerator, which has something to do with the GTL's LHC (Large Hadron Collider)

The TL I know for sure doesn't have a fitted LHC - At the time that was an 'extra'..I believe an engine was an 'extra' as well, but not too sure about that.

• CIMG0422 d e.jpg
    CIMG0422 d e.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 103
whats "LHC" ?

i think i can work out the diff between GTL and TL

its G

sad one i know i couldnt help it !

Large Hadron Collider = LHC

MATT I've got that mirror off the car ready for you.

Keep up team..

..Keep up

And keep bidding up my Art - It could be worth more to you than to me...

• bbc 4 bulge.jpg
    bbc 4 bulge.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 94
Back