Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The Kent Run 2009.

PS Beige Belgian - what's the colour code of your new one? And the old one for that matter?

Malcolm, the beige car now added (159) the new one was resprayed a few years ago, not sure if it is a Renault silver or not. Would be handy too know but I may never find out. I'll see if there is a number still remaining.

We may be there with BB yet, my friends going to help me finish getting BB undersealed on Saturday afternoon then I'm getting it booked into the garage for MOT next Sat Am. IT may still be on French plates but it'll be MOT'd and insured.

DOH I just remembered Malcolm rarely reads PM's!

I sent a PM but have just recopied and pasted here as if I remember rightly, you are more likely to read it.

Dear Malcolm that's a wonderful offer for me to take Clementine down to the run.

If I can't get BB sorted in time would it be ok to do so?

I have a traders policy so the car would be covered fully comprehensively if we did take it.

Thank you so much, I told my wife and french friends who are staying here at the moment and they were overawed at your generosity.

kind Regards

Richard

It's email I'm often not good at. Too many of them.

You are welcome to take Ermintrude down. Clementine would probably go along for the ride too. :D I'd need to couple of days warning so I can paint over some of the rusty bits to make her look as if she's looked after.

Doh schoolboy errror, I know which is which, I was just being dim last night! My excuse is that speaking French for most of the week has made me terribly confused. I keep turning round to my english friends and talking to them in French!

Convoi Exceptionell

(Have I spelt the above right?) :rolleyes: Its great to read posts from Clementine's far-flung faithfull - we'll have a great time in Kent. :cool:

P.S. Should be 'convoi exceptionnel' ;)

Last edited:
If anyone does fancy a convoy, the current plan is to set off from Bedford at about 7:45, meet Brian at Potters Bar services on the A1/M25 junction, and depart from there at maybe 9:00 to continue down to Kent, arriving at 10:15 all going well.

Ornella now has UK plates and has been out today to the bolt shop to order M7 bolts.

For those of you who haven't got wind of this already, as part of the R4 documentary I'm making I would really like to bring a camera along and film the goings on at this year's Kent Run. So this week I met up with Derek down at his garage and mentioned that it would be great if the run had a couple of brief pauses where we could overtake you all in our camera car so that we can get into position to film a couple of pass by shots. Afterall, overtaking 15 or so 4s on a country road -although perhaps quite possible, is pushing our luck!

I hope that sounds ameanable to all and Derek has said he and his IT dept (wife) will look for a couple of 'pull ins' on their run recce this weekend.

Also, it would be great if any one who comes along to the run could bring along any interesting R4 related material, such as magazine articles or memorabilia that backs up anecdotes or experiences they might want to tell me about.

I heard the weather has put the dampers on the last couple of years runs, you'll be glad to know that I've got a track record of bringing the sunshine with me whenever I get the camera out, so here's hoping! (but no quoting)

The weather was great last year, just 20 miles north there was heavy rain so a lot of people didn't set off for the run.

I'm glad there will be some stops - Ornella is lovely but can be hard going, so regular rests will be brilliant. If you can negotiate a little setting up time for the camera there might even be time for cigarettes.

Also glad it will be sunny - I'd promised MrReno139 some sunshine, so it's good someone else is taking responsibility for organising it.

Polish your hubcaps and buff your bonnets.

Malcolm, you're a man after my own heart. :cool: The faithful will also need a good breakfast + lots of coffee/sticky bun stops en route. We must conserve precious/historic machinery (like that mongol horde bunch :rolleyes:) - Mr Reno+ the 'Hennessy mob' can do the dramatic low-flying stuff while we have a coffee/ciggy - sussed. ;)

ADDENDUM: Met Office forecast quote 'Dry, warmer than average bank holiday weather.' - London, South East. :D

Last edited:
Ok we're coming along with thanks to Malcolm.

We're bringing birthday cake for us all to celebrate my son James' birthday, who is 10 on the day.

Is family Pepper coming along? There aren't any rear seatbelts in Ermintrude, and there might be a gearbox in the boot. You'll not be going very fast in a convoy with Ornella.

They're coming along if thats ok? No Rear seat belts are the usual fare, our Morris Oxfrod has none in it what so ever.

Neither has Ornella :D It will be lovely to meet family Pepper. I'll make sure there's a rear seat in Ermintrude.

Happy motoring to all you guys & dolls and frogs and dogs joining the by-now

World Famous Kent-Run!!!

-wish we were there with the rest of the Team -R.

..And I am also with you all in spirit..

..But sadly not in person..Have a fab day y'all and I cant wait to hear how you all go..especially The Pepper team in the little E..

And Happy Bird Day Jimbo for Sunday - A drive around my Carboretum here in France is your birthday present when we next see you.

Uncle Ian

• CIMG3120 1.jpg
    CIMG3120 1.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 63
Hi, hoping I can make this but need to sort out a couple of other things. Is the route from the M2 straight to Squerryes Court in Westerham? Or is there a stop at a pub or elsewhere en route? I might possibly be late!

Hope to see you there!

Mystery Route

Hi Beige Belgian :) Start 11.00 am at the 'Services' on the M2 eastbound carriageway located between junctions 4 and 5 (near Rochester). Finish at Squerryes Court in Westerham (near M25). The route between is an unknown 'mystery' - we follow Derek (Renospeed) but there will be stops. You need the mob. tel. number of someone on the run so you can get route plan/update info and intercept convoy if you miss the kickoff. :)

Back