Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay Photos

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
A quick update on the trip over for everyone left on the forum. Everyone made it down but it was a long day and not without incident.

Everyone made the ferry despite the nasty roadworks on the M20. Firstandbest, Pepper, Lobster, Imacthere4iam (Tom) and me met up on the ferry for breakfast and made a plan - we would all meet up at the first services in the Bologne direction.

An hour later we had all made it to the services apart from Firstandbest who had mis-navigated and was somewhere near Paris.

first-stop.jpg

At the next services all bonnets were up. I was fiddling some more with the ignition and Lobster's car was running not at all right. All the symptoms of a blocked main jet but none of the actual blockage. Pepper and Tom went ahead while we fiddled.

convoy.jpg

Turned out to be the mixture adjustment screw had fallen out. We fixed it with a proper bodge involving both gaffer tape and cable ties and made it down without problems.

Life is wonderful. Turns out that the Chateau is a very nice one and that the Gordini like 98 octane petrol a lot. Arrived a bit late so haven't been to Thenay yet. Others are there but without internet.

chateau.jpg

Fantastic to see the pictures so soon Malcolm makes up a bit for not being able to come.Keep them coming Gary

Yes Malcolm, watching and waiting for updates....hope your all having a great time....

There are a lot of Renault 4s at Thenay. Really weird driving around the surrounding villages at lunchtime as there are so many Renault 4s on the road and parked around the area.

Stuarts car was fun with Union Jack bunting.

stuart.jpg

Ragnotti did a few demo laps in a R5 Turbo – brilliant.

r5.jpg

Most of us have arrived and met now. Still to see John Doe – missed him earlier.

group.jpg

Everyone is having fun. Though I can see a lot of wind and rain tonight from the window of my chateau.

• r6ish.jpg
    r6ish.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 485
  • rodeo.jpg
    rodeo.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 479
Great pictures.....well done...looking forward to next batch now

Thanks for the pics and updates, would love to have attended, maybe next time...

Thanks for posting photos Malcolm. Is the grey car a Renault 4 prototype? I've seen drawings like that but never a photo!

The grey one is a prototype yes. Renault brought some really interesting stuff with them as well.

I'm back home now, I was looking forward to going through my 400 photos and stickinmg some up here. However I have lost my camera. I know where I lost it - it must have fallen out of the passenger door when I opened it to get a toll ticket somewhere north of Rouen (I had it on the passenger seat and it fell into the gap betwixt door and seat at some point) so tomorrow will be spent ringing and emailing anyone I can think of on the slim chance that some sort of Peage lost property person has it. To say I am gutted is an understatement.

Other than that though, it is a fantastic show. Really, really good. I'm going back next year although probably take a few more days doing it next time. More details later!

Oh no, I really hope that you manage to get your camera back.

Glad you had a good time otherwise though.

We're back safe and sound! I can't believe Lobsters back so quickly! Are you sure you didn't fly?

We went through Paris on the way back up so at least got to see the Eiffel tower from a distance ;)

I've got a fair few photos, although I was stupid enough to leave my spare batteries at home in my other camera case so I ran out of juice too quickly and had to be a lot more conservative than I would have liked to have been!

I'll start putting them up on my FlickR in a couple of days, anyone should be able to take the pictures they need or want from there, just give a nod to who took the photos please. ;)

Oh and for you guys sitting in your nice warm chateau last night, our tent didn't blow away but we did get a little moist!

I met John Doe this AM and he and his friends, had a really bad night! They had got soaked in their tents, (they were right on the outside of the campsite and had no wind protection like the rest of us).

Bunked off with Reignor Cigar this morning to go Chateau hunting. Bagged a fine one which oddly was built on the river when there was plenty of solid ground on either side.

another-chateau.jpg

Back to Thenay. Lots of R4s there. Here's only a small selection lead by our Norwegian contingent.

r4s-everywhere.jpg

Fun on the circuit again

ragnotti.jpg

Fun elsewhere

driverless.jpg

Mrs Renospeed organised a Kent run

kent-run.jpg

Gordini gets saucy thanks to Harry

saucy.jpg

Survivors photo

survivors.jpg

Had a lovely meal with reidalpine and Reignor Cigar this evening. Enjoyed today - getting the hang of the show and it's been more varied.

Good to see nearly everyone. Sorry to miss you John Doe. Looked all over and couldn't find you.

I think the prototype said something about R6 on it. I think it was mentioned in that R5TV thing about the Renault 5.

Glad everyone made it back. Horrible weather overnight. Thankfully the days were OK.

I really regretted not being able to stay for another day, I missed so much and didn't get any of the bits and pieces I need for BB!

As you mention it took a while to get the hang of things and I was just getting used to it!

Here's one for starters,

5947579623_b34dae584f_z.jpg

My Link to the photos will be here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclingpepper/sets/72157627093692305/with/5947579623/

5947686873_bd7f0a2ae1_z.jpg

5947678703_2ce0084247_z.jpg

imacthere4iam Tom
5948152348_08c686e6dc_z.jpg

Sorry I wasn't able to get a name and Stewart Delahoy
5948091826_b6102ac7f5_z.jpg

Malcolm, in case anyone wasn't sure ;)
5947592311_86239ce388_z.jpg

Renoir Cigar, Cornish4 and Lobster
5947617109_cbf200e2f3_z.jpg

Wish I'd been able to stay for the Sunday as well. I think I saw a fairly large amount but then there was so much more that could have been done with an extra day. Next year though...

Pepper - Didn't fly back! I woke up fairly early (about 0530 I think) so decided I might as well just get up and set off. Got to Calais about 1115 and only just managed to get on the 1120 ferry which was delayed so actually sailed at about 1200. Was in Dover for 1300. From there it was a miserable wet drive up to soggy Lancashire.

Van ran perfect though, very pleased with it.

Hi friends!I see you have a good time in Theney.I'm very sorry i couldnt be there.Renault 4 club Serbia was in Slovenia in REVOZ factory for 50 years anniversary, John Doe went to France after Slovenia.

Do you maybe have pictures of John Doe and his crew from Serbia?

Greetings from Belgrade! :)

Wow! That factory is where our Slovenian-built GTL was made! Do you have more photos? How many R4s did you have?

Back