Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

4L International 2015

I know, it can be a bit of hard life, Brian. But, next festival is at Tonder in Denmark, where I'm planning to arrive to meet Chris Smither & John Prine on August 27th. Planning to take Morag along for the run, though not too sure about overheating when caught up in the inevitable staus/traffic jams on Germany's motorway network! A near 3000KM round trip from my place here in France, through Belgium, maybe Netherlands, Germany round Hamburg then into Syd Jutland/Denmark. Have to keep fingers and toes crossed, I reckon.

Now that IS a trip and a half Iain. I guess the air temp should be less than it is in the south of France though. I fitted a water temp gauge with the sender unit in the top hose so I could keep an eye on things on our epic run. As long as your electric fan works you should be fine. It can't be any worse than Antwerp, now that is gridlock.

Iain! if you've got problms with overheating I'd try Waterwetter (Redline prod)I had slight issues w.Roffen my F4 1300cc and this
product solved it alltogether! Pour it in the expansion-tank a little bit of the time, untill prob solved.
It workes on the principle that overheating is due to oxygen-content in the coolant mixture.By removing oxygen you rid system
of hot-spots where air-bubbles are cought up usually in high-areas.. Workes on same principle as the stuff you'd use when developing
photos yourself,To get rid of the surface-tension in the solvent used....
anyhoo-it worked for the Roffmobile.Only about £10 per bottle so can't hurt right? -R.

Now that IS a trip and a half Iain. I guess the air temp should be less than it is in the south of France though. I fitted a water temp gauge with the sender unit in the top hose so I could keep an eye on things on our epic run. As long as your electric fan works you should be fine. It can't be any worse than Antwerp, now that is gridlock.
A temp guage sounds a winner, I reckon. I agree Antwerp's a prize pain, been stuck there in past. It's just so many road-works in Germany!!

Niftiest fix is to buy a pack of Hollywood gum,chew frantically for half an hour then stick it over warning-light..
-work a treat! ;-) Hot as H*** here in SoFrance today..Us Norwegians aren't build for this kind of stuff,so
I've developed a rash that itches badly-am trying to mend it with lots of red,but feels strangely out of balance
-Spotted a REAL nice TL enroute today,same beige as Roffen,waved and shouted but thnk owner thought we
were highway-gypsies so he sped away. Zoot Allures how he fled! black plates and chrome-numbers on -looked
THE part... MY time to feel sad and forlorn in a ruddy Volvert!! continues................ -R.

Great examples. I think the fourth from the bottom up(Lobsters photos, rusty white) would be a great look for my white R4 :)
But the police would probably stop me all the time thinking it's unsafe because of the looks :D

Back