Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A panel gap is this normal?

Briangrech

Enthusiast
Hi bought these A panels from De Marco parts and the fitment is rubbish.
They fit away from door and sit inwards. Is this normal with A panels from other suppliers?Which ones fit best please? 20210304_154104.jpg20210301_153026.jpg

That doesn't look any worse than the gap I have, using a genuine renault panel with the base of the a pillar and the hinges built in.

I can put small finger between door and pannel.
that can be good measure "by the eye"

Hi thanks for feedback. ITS NOT JUST THE GAP THAT BOTHERS ME BUT THE APaNEL DOESN T SEEM TO FOLLOW THE CONTOURS OF THE DOOR.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, common thing with aftermarket panels

P.S. Gaps according to Renault MR 176 in attachment

• gap MR176 - engleski.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 30
I have massive gap at the front too
On the both sides, and i never touched the pillar

I have massive gap at the front too
On the both sides, and i never touched the pillar
Same here, I am tempted to weld rods to the doors to reduce gap by a few mm,done it many times on other cars but to be honest the R4 is no show car so might keep it original

Same here, I am tempted to weld rods to the doors to reduce gap by a few mm,done it many times on other cars but to be honest the R4 is no show car so might keep it original
I was thinking the same, but i don't really care about the door gaps to much
In this car even wheel base is different on each side

I used genuine Renault apex panels with A pillar and hinge pins included, and still there was a huge gap. This was even worse when a different door was fitted. As I have external hinges there is no means of adjusting except by bending them. I made a lever out of a piece of aluminium channel with a hole drilled through so that a bolt could pass through it and the hinge (door off). A little tweaking with this got the gaps right. I would add a photo of the lever if I could find it...

I was thinking the same, but i don't really care about the door gaps to much
In this car even wheel base is different on each side
Yes its not a muscle car or a hot rod so wide gaps don't bother me much but still its not nice to look at.

Back