Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Instalation electronic ignition into Ducellier distributor

This advice Fernando is Golden one.

Definitly will help others to fit accuspark correctly and be satified.

Is there some name or brand for that gray termal past?
For those who are not so much into computers. (As me :D:whistle:)

My alternator gives 14,2-14,3V so i am safe.. maybe that is reason why is working so long.

Petak what method had you use fig1a or fig1b ?
Another question they refer to conect the black cable to the existing wiring have you done this ?
Do you understand why is it recomended to do this, when you can conect directly to the coil?
Yet another question do the lenght of the accuspak wires was enought or you had to extend them?

20190219_222716-jpg.22834
20190219_222716.jpg

I did not know about termal compound until you talked about it.
I used what i got in kit. Will "invest" in expensive compound and change it.

Alternator should charge with 14,2-14,3 V as if it is under 14 then won't charge batter god and fast.

I used first method on the picture. Directly to the coil. Wires were long enough and did not bother to cut them and connect to old coil wires.

That recommendation is probably because, on some cars wires they give with kit, are not long enough.
But do not know for sure!

Fig 1a is for older cars, like ours :D
Fig 1b is for modern cars equiped with a modern ignition system e.g. a balanced system,
Here is a nice article about balanced ignition.
We are never to old to learn :laughing:

Last edited:
As from today i am at 58tkm (3 years and 9 months) since kit is installed.

Two times i have opened cap to dust it of and clean contacts on it.

Everything else is untouched.

For anybody wishing to fit the Accuspark ignition on a Ducellier distributor with externally adjustable points (mostly late production 845s), be aware that it will not fit easily. There is a slight difference in the fixed point screw position on the points baseplate, that causes the ignition module to foul the magneic ring when installed. I didn't try to reposition the module on the aluminum plate, instead I took the baseplate off a 1108 distributor and fitted it on the existing distributor body. It was not straightforward, one of the three tapped holes of the baseplate did not line up correctly with the hole on the body, so I had to drill another one.

What's more, I had to use the cap and rotor from the 1108 distributor, the 845 cap was shorter
####### I did th same accuspark for my 77' with 845 engine, Ducellier w-out the vaciim system, had to buy also new rotor arm and cap.Some say that you would need a new coil which suits especially for electricignition(highervoltage)??

Back