Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My renault 4 restoration

Jurjenz

Enthusiast
First a very warm welcome on this forum and thanks for showing your project so far. Does she need a lot of work? Keep us updated!

laxeian

Enthusiast
Great slideshow, very catchy tune, just glad I was walking round the supermarket here in Galicia singing it to myself when it wouldn’t get out of my brain, not back in Harlesden! :laughing:, Welcome along!

First a very warm welcome on this forum and thanks for showing your project so far. Does she need a lot of work? Keep us updated!
Thanks for warm welcome.
Well the chassis needs a lot of work , the body is in fairly good condition, i will be engine runs , but i will be rebuilding it anyway.

Jurjenz

Enthusiast
Love your videos! The start of episode 5 was a surprise. Can't wait to see the fresh floor welded in. Keep it up!

Love your videos! The start of episode 5 was a surprise. Can't wait to see the fresh floor welded in. Keep it up!
the chassis is nearly ready to be blasted, i cant wait to have it completed and start to attach things to it , it would be great morale boost ;)

By the way I've seen somewhere complete set of bolts , and fittings for renault 4 , does anyone know where i could buy them ?

Some pictures from work :)

Attachments

So now i have all the parts to have rolling chassis. And the chassis is nearly ready for blasting and priming , instead of stonechip underneath will be painted witch 2k bedliner , and all the cavities where the paint won't get will be treated with this top class wax .

Attachments

JdeW

Enthusiast
Very good work on the chassis :clapping: can't believe what I saw on that rear beam... pop rivets..how could someone....
Nice to see the same rust spots and repairs especially on the front chassis beam(s) as I did.
Keep up the good work.
Best regards, Joop

Very good work on the chassis :clapping: can't believe what I saw on that rear beam... pop rivets..how could someone....
Nice to see the same rust spots and repairs especially on the front chassis beam(s) as I did.
Keep up the good work.
Best regards, Joop
The poprivet job was acually nicely done , the previous owner had no access to the welder :)

The poprivet job was acually nicely done , the previous owner had no access to the welder :)
I know airplanes do have a lot pop riveting and it is strong, but in our country due to car MOT regulations, a pop rivet job is not allowed on chassis structural parts,it has to be welded.
That's why I was a bit surprised.

I know airplanes do have a lot pop riveting and it is strong, but in our country due to car MOT regulations, a pop rivet job is not allowed on chassis structural parts,it has to be welded.
That's why I was a bit surprised.
The repairs were done in the 90s in poland , where you could get test for extra 50 in the ashtray ;)