Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 restoration made in France

Hi everybody,
I removed the trim from the old door panels:
View attachment 8020
I cut carefully the new panels and made all the holes for fitting:
View attachment 8021

View attachment 8029

Have you consider doing or do you have panels for back door?

Like this:

87824170.jpg

Hi everybody,

I have never seen this kind of trim panel on sedan R4, but I do think that only F4 (and maybe F6 ?) have these parts:
Panneau.jpg

A guy is selling those for R4 and F4 on German Ebay, he's had them made using an original as a template.

They're item number 321123624284.

Robert

I was thinking of making a panel like that as well, the only problem is dat the back door doesn't have those holes in it, where you pop those clips in. I'm nog that fond of drilling new holes as I'm pretty much the "original" kind of guy haha. So I'd have to invent another way of attaching it.

Hi everybody,

the winter was terribly long and even we are now in spring the wheather continues to be bad every day... This is the reason why I cannot get the GTL outside the garage to work on... I did little things on the car these last weeks; I fitted the front and rear bumpers:
1009 Ajustage pare-choc avant.jpg
1010 Pare-choc posé.jpg
1008 Vissage pare-choc arrière.jpg
1009 Remontage fini.jpg
And the accessories inside, I was lucky to find for only 30 € a central console at Epoq'Auto in Lyon few months ago :D
1006 Console reposée.jpg
1005 Bac de porte.jpg
Then I prepared the glasses moutings, after carefully sanding them, they were primary coated, and mat black painted:
1013 Apprêt profilés.jpg
1014 Profilés peint noir satiné.jpg

Great job, putting the final touches to it is the best bit, i too have a bird friend at my place in Tenerife, as soon as i set the table outside it sits looking to see what i am eating,
Needless to say i always share my food with it, well some of it, i call it Mick because it reminds me of Mick Jagger the way it walks,

I was lucky to find on Ebay the final touch of the car, for only 20 €:
DSC01390.jpg

Now I have all which is necessary to finish the car, in july it will be the fourth birthday of the beginning of the restoration, I would like to have the "contrôle technique" before july...

As soon I will have few free days I will fit the side glasses and the stickers, and it will be finally... finished :hug: :hug: :hug:

Following of the story, fitting of the side glasses with their restored frames:
1019 Montage vitre avant.jpg
The clips have been also zinc plated :cool:
1020 Agrafe cadre.jpg
This is the glue I use to fit the axles of the glasses buttons, it works perfectly:
1021 Colle Patex.jpg
1022 Collage boutons.jpg
I used neoprene to fit these little rubber parts:
1024 Collage butées capot.jpg
The I placed the stickers Clan on the doors, very hard to do, I've been told since this stage that I should used sopay water... :( I have some little air bubbles under the stickers :mad: :mad: :mad: But the result is all the same nice.
1025 Pose adhésif Clan.jpg
1026 Côté gauche.jpg

With its glasses the car looks more "finished" but it remains some little details like the orange/white front indicators, the fuel cap...
DSC01434.jpg
DSC01436.jpg

nice as we use to from you.
But tell me, what have you done to frames to look so nicely black

I washed them with hot water and dish soap and I restored them with this awesome product, normally reserved for plastic bumpers...
733 Nettoyage grille.jpg

That is not paint.

Some kind of wax?

What does it said on bottle how long does it stay black and new like this?

I must find something similar here in Croatia because mine frames got almost grey.
And that is not nice to see when whole car is like new!

Congrats Alexandre - Great work as we are used to see from you.

The Holts' is just some kind of a plastic-refresher. It usually lasts a few weeks maximum.
No way around painting the plastic parts, I'm afraid.
I did that with my front window-frames (black mat) and it looks so much better now.
(So far no problem with it since last Year when I did the job.)

Cheers,

David

• Windowframe.jpg
    Windowframe.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 276
My frames were grey as well. I tried dashboard renovator which didn't work so I sprayed a some WD40 on a cloth and rubbed it in. Worked wonders and its been good for at least 4 months

I use linseed oil to polish them and they become nice and black again! Same for the lisence plate light and mirrors.

Then I prepared the glasses moutings, after carefully sanding them, they were primary coated, and mat black painted:

How did you reach in getting them out of the glass? I tried on mine but was not able at all...
Any advice's wellcome!

Back