Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 TL restauration

Bit by bit...

Today I fitted the new master brake cilinder and filled the system with brake fluid. OMG, I had to repair 5/6 leakages (I had to tighten the connections, I put on the brake lines almost 2 years ago...). One nasty litte bugger was the connection on the Mastercilinder, after some :mad: &:fighting: it had a good fit. Now I need to remove the air from the system, but I suppose this is a 2 man job with one pressing the brake pedal & bleeding the system.

Sequense like this right?

1-Rear right
2-Rear left
3-Front right
4-Front right
5-Mastercilinder bleeding nipple
6-Rear right
7-Rear left
8-Front right
9-Front right

IMG_20180708_162742.jpg

:waving:

OMG, what is this? :laughing::laughing:

IMG_20180714_105519.jpg
Today is maybe one the best parts of the restoration project - FIRST TEST RUN! :scared:

This is how she sounds, almost a year ago since I started her.

Then:

Awesome! I now need to work on fine tuning the engine and working on the final details.

Have a :drunk: on me! Cheers!

Yes, summerholiday started! I really want to finish Louise these weeks.

Today I did two small jobs. I fixed the rear numberplate light and I installed the window washsystem, which was a pain in the @$$. I used an aftermarket chrome spraywasher (franzose) but I couldn't attach the waterhose on it. No place behind the bodypanel.. In the end I used 2 rubber o-rings instead of a nut to hold in place. It suits the job..

Working again! :D

IMG_20180722_154727.jpg

Next, painting tha hood. :)

Well, I had some difficulties painting the rear door, unfortunately a few paintdrips. Aargh, need to sand it down & clear coat. In the meantime:IMG_20180723_125115.jpgIMG_20180723_161708.jpg IMG_20180723_135739.jpg

Keep you posted...

Summer holidays Jurjen and still 3 weeks to finish Louise :fighting:
Don't rush it dude but I can't hardly wait to see Louise alive and the delivery of the body parts :D
Beer is in the fridge over here, good luck.

I decided it is too hot in the workshop to work on Louise. But I did some thingies! Fitted the bonnet and cleaned, blasted & painted the headlight holders. On one of then the adjustment lever has broken, so if someone has a spare one? :laughing:

IMG-20180726-WA0004.jpeg
IMG_20180726_163419.jpg IMG_20180726_163716.jpg

I'm an idiot :doh:

I wrongly glued the back doorrubber and the glue has not set properly. No more Pattex for me..

IMG_20180804_174412.jpg

This is the correct position right? Maybe someone can share a photo? This is der Franzose rubber.

IMG_20180804_175006.jpg

Aaargh......:vsad:

This rubber has a completely wrong profile to start with, so don't expect it to fit as well as the correct one should do.

Last weeks I have been busy with all kinds of different things. Fixed the rear lighting, re-glued the rubber on backdoor, screenwipers, headlight adjustment lever and I painted the doors. We're getting there! IMG_20180825_184221.jpg

One drawback, the engine makes a rattling noise, and won't run without choke. Damm it, I suspect the distributor shaft? I haven't researched it thourough though. :(

I also need to raise the front. Also need to find the energy for that..

At the end biggest strugle is to find energy for finish.
So here is some cheering.

Coooommmmmmeeeeeeeoooonnnn Jurjenz finish is just around corner........and then beer time.......keep up....

Keep it up Jurjen I will sing in Dutch, "Je bent er bijna, je bent er bijna maar nog niet helemaal...." :drunk:

Hi guys,
!
Well, I just need to keep it going. Last week I glued the doorrubbers, assembled the doorlocks and put the doors back on. It is becoming a car again! :laughing:

But first: After a few engine starts the engine was not running that smooth anymore and on a certain moment a strange 'rattle' occured. I did some minor checks:
- Removed the spark plugs and put in 4th gear. I rolled the car outside. The pistons are running smooth up&down, no rattle, no curious resistence.
- Inside liners: due to the short engine runs (on choke) carbon build up & wet on petrol.
- I noticed that the idling adjustment screw on the Zenith was very 'lose' and probably rotated by itself. I could turn it almost 4/5 times back.

Carbon build up
20180902171824.jpg
Below a video on the very wobble distributor. Any thoughts? :waving:

IMG_20180902_173129.jpg

IMG_20180902_173138.jpg

What do you think, need to lower the rear?

IMG_20180902_173205.jpg

Raising the front is obvious, blehh

IMG_20180902_173122 (2).jpg

That wobble says nothing if you don’t fasten the distributor with the intended clamp. Try again but only the rotor axle after fastening it.

Idd raise the front.
I think you need to re do the front torsion bars.

What a beautiful car you have. Love the color.

Back