Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 TL restauration

Indeed the distributor clamp is missing for as I don't see it in the video.
The front has to be raised by adjusting the front torsion bars, and that is a nice job :whistle:
But overall Jurjen Louise is stunningly beautifull, very well done :clapping:
Cant wait to to see her alive.
Regards, Joop

Hi guys,

Thanks!

I know that the clamp is missing, but I would expect that even without the clamp, the distributorbase would have a 'solid contact' with the engine. But I have no reference experience. If you remove the clamp, is your distributor as wobbly as mine?

:dontknow::waving:

Edit: maybe it seems like that partnr. 4 is missing. Will check that out..

Also, if you have this system the slot at the top of the little gear is not exactly in the middle, but I'm sure you realize that already.

Yes, I'm sure that No.4 will make a big difference
DSCF6699.JPG

Hi guys,

Thanks!

I know that the clamp is missing, but I would expect that even without the clamp, the distributorbase would have a 'solid contact' with the engine. But I have no reference experience. If you remove the clamp, is your distributor as wobbly as mine?

Edit: maybe it seems like that partnr. 4 is missing. Will check that out..

Part no.4 (e.g. 11) is only a gasket to keep the lubricating splashing camshaft oil, which also lubricates the distributor drive shaft, inside the engine compartment.
Every part has it's function and is crucial for function.
If there's no clamp then yes the distributor housing isn't tighten and will shake, rattle and roll :cool: because the distributor housing is a loose separate part, only attached to the engine by a gasket, clamp, washer and nut, and then driven by the small off-centre distributor drive shaft.
Keep it up Jurjen it all comes to the final and last details, but don't rush it:fighting:
:drunk: Joop

Worked on the front torsionbars today:

At first:

IMG-20180908-WA0004.jpg

After adjustment one spline (below seats):

IMG_20180908_144743.jpg

:doh::doh::confused::confused:

No clue how this can happen? Maybe the torsion on the wishbone has been set wrong? After all this work, I am really annoyed, bleh :whistle:

Any ideas?

Hi Jurenz, you have to move the torsion bar the same number of splines at each end, but you will notice that there are a different number at each end of the bar. Moving in one direction increases the height, and the other way lowers it, but I'm sorry I can't remember the details. There is more about the subject in some depth written by Angel on this forum.

Regards Brian.

And don't forget to loosen the upper wishbone nuts before adjusting the front torsion bars.
After adjusting the bars tighten the nuts and measure the heigt.
Of course the car has to be fully equiped and fill up the petrol tank

Well done,
Have you driven a bit?
Because she might end up a little lower after a short drive.

Not yet! :rolleyes: Can't wait actually, but I first need to tune up the engine.

I would invite everyone to revisit your first pages. The R4 you started with was certainly in very poor condition. Rust everywhere and bad too. This is a fabulous, dedicated and sensitive restoration. A real credit to you Jurjenz:clapping:

setting ride height .....blaaaahhhh.... i would not want to do that again.

Can you measure height from the floor to the arch of the wing in the middle of the wheel.

I am interested to see number to compare with mine.
Sometimes i feel like i should lift it up little bit, and sometimes i think it is alright.

Getting there Jurjen nice nice nice work :clapping:
Don't rush it dude but when Louise is finished do a test run to my new old home and have a real beer :drunk: you're always welcome.

Last edited:
Back