Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

Eddie, there are a few posts about using fuel additive here and here. I did a search on 'fuel additive'.
Cheers, Jonathan

Don't forget the possibility of crossing from Portsmouth to Le Havre or Newhaven (the armpit of the south coast:)) to Dieppe via LD Lines, usually cheaper than Brittany Ferries.
If you could get a lot of cars on the same crossing it might be worth asking for some discount for a block booking - the worst they can say is no!

HELLO

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THENAY IN THE DEPARTMENT INDRE 36:smile::smile:

Hi Eddie, the event is held at Thenay in the Loire, department 41.The village is east of Tours and south of Blois.
Regards Brian:cool:

Hello

Is there a need to put lead additive in the fuel tank when using un leaded petrol on a Renault 4 GTL !984 Model.

Thanks Eddie:smile::smile:

When I got my 4 from Derek Flavell (Renospeed) he said to use premium fuel always and carry some octane booster like the one made by Castrol if I had to put in ordinary unleaded. The 4 has an aluminium head, so it is designed to run on unleaded. Something else Derek said was for prolonged motorway use even with premium fuel put some additive in. Brian:cool:

Hi Michael, would your friend with the farm mind being invaded by a bunch of Brits ? Dare I say perhaps it might be a good place for us all to meet up, before driving on to Thenay. Just a thought :-) . Brian.

Just to let you know that we have booked the Friday and Saturday nights at La Croix Blanche in Montrichard which is about 5 miles from Thenay, but hotels are booking up fast.

We are planning a trip around this event and may be coming to Thenay from Nantes, but it would be great to have a meeting beforehand?

Anyone else from Norway going???

seing as you lot are leaving Old Blighty in Legion -I'd better drum up some from Norway aswell..or I'll have my own lone convoy
down there.
-Anyone specifically known to the area?? Tips on hotels/motels gites etc appreciated.......................................................-R.

If folks are coming from all over UK to the tunnel one option would be to cross on the evening shuttle and stay in the B&B hotel in Calais and set of the next morning.The B&B is usually only about 45Euro per night for a double room.
This would give folks the chance to arrive from all over and cross on the shuttle or ferry of their choice and still meet up in France for the journey down.
Gary

Other 2011 anniversary dates from Renault

Thanks for posting the link to the PDF.

In it are the dates from Renault when they will be appearing. Unfortunately there is only one event listed for the UK so far.

January 27–February 2 – Three Renault 4s entered for Historic Rallye Monte-Carlo

February 2–6 – Renault 4 display at the Retromobile classic car show, Paris (France)

February 16–26 – 4L Trophy raid

March 3–13 – Renault 4 display at the Geneva Motor Show (Switzerland)

February 28–March 28 – Renault 4 display at the Autoworld Museum (in association with the Belgian 4L Club)

April 12–23 – Renault 4 display at the Amsterdam Motor Show (Netherlands) (tbc)

April 16–17 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault meeting at Motorland Aragon (Spain)

April 29 – Renault 4 display at the Annual Shareholders Meeting

April 30–May 1 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault meeting at Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

May 11–22 – Renault 4 display at the Cannes Film Festival (France)

May 28–29 – Display of Renault 4 vans at the Locomotion en Fête meeting

June 18–19 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault meeting at the Nürburgring (Germany)

From June – Renault 4 display at the Pavillon de l’Ile Seguin, near Paris (France)

June 25 – Renault 4 display at the Losange Passion International meeting

July 1–3 – Renault 4 display at Goodwood Festival of Speed (England) (tbc)

July 2–3 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault round at the Hungaroring (Hungary)

July 15–17 – 4L International Meeting in Thenay (France)

September 17–18 – Renault 4 display at the Renault factory in Flins, France

September 17–18 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault round at Paul Ricard HTTT (France)

October 8–9 – Renault 4 display at the World Series by Renault round in Catalonia (Spain)

October 8–16 – Renault 4 display at the Lyons Motor Show (France)

November 19–20 – Renault 4 display at Rétromobile Show

November – Renault 4 display at the Toulouse Motor Show (France)

November – Renault 4 display at the Epoqu'Auto Show (France)

November–December – Renault 4 display at the French Musée National de l'Automobile in Mulhouse

Yes cheers John for that....some great bedtime reading there..

regards from Penzance, Cornwall

Andrew

Team Stanbury have a bust year next year ::lol: however Goodwood made its way onto the list of things to do i seem to remember (my attention will be drawn towards the Citroen & Riley section)

I'd love to go to Goodwood, but the prices are outrageous! For the weekend of the revival this year we were going to go down, but one of my friends invited us to a working weekend instead, where we helped out on all the old farm machinery for the weekend.

There was nothing pre 1950 on the field, and nothing was duplicated, so the equipment was amazing. We took the whole of the year into account, with ploughing, harrowing, Drilling, fertilising, harvesting and milling.

Being so hands on was far far better than the being a part of a huge crowd at the revival!

Here's a few from my weekend, although I was rather too busy ploughing and harrowing to be taking many photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79861016@N00/sets/72157624865408965/

and i thought our local steam rally and country show were good, that looks amazing

I was going to go about posting more and more pics of all the steam engines we have on our farm, but it would take this thread further off topic!

Sorry All.

;)

50th Anniversary

Sound like a great trip.Every confidence in my '85 4GTL making the distance,WLTM similar R4 enthusiasts en route who use the car daily like us!

Hi there folks. There is at the moment another R4 celebration planned for next year in the UK. As far as I know, at the annual Powderham Castle Classic Show in Devon it is
hoped to have a display of 4s on the Renault CCC stand. This is a week before Thenay. This is a brilliant show with loads to see, everything from bicycles to traction-engines, and a big auto-jumble too. Brian.

shall we start a traction engine topic? My friend had the boiler inspector around yesterday to weld up his tubes

Back