Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

starting on the other R4 at last.

Bobble

Enthusiast
weathers been awful and it's been to cold in my garage ( it's not as plush as David's ) anyway it's getting warmer in there so i've made a start on my other R4, much too much needs doing ( 4 wings, all new brakes, pipes,wheel bearings, exhaust and a clutch ) should'nt take to long if the weather does'nt get to cold again.

• 100_2250.jpg
    100_2250.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_2253.jpg
    100_2253.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_2254.jpg
    100_2254.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 286
  • 100_2255.jpg
    100_2255.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 279
I got a blue and silver tailgate in my garage

Unfortunately i cannot get the other R4 or the R4 F6 van in the garage as well, i think i need a bigger shed, as you all know once you've been bittern by the bug you can't stop.

I've got a white tailgate does that count too?

renault 4 tailgates

its a shame there isnt as many good chassis propped against the wall doing nothing as there is tailgates - still anybody wanting one can choose any colour they want :smile:
Reg

Snap Pepper, i've also got another white one in the top of the garage, a bonnet and two doors.

With this abundance of 308 yellow tailgates in garages take some time to think of poor Ermintrude whose outer tailgate panel has now departed from the inner. Anyone got a spare?

Keep us up to date with progress Bobble - it's good to watch as more R4s are returned to the road.

tailgates

malcolm you can have mine with pleasure - anyone coming near leeds ? :smile:

I'm up in Hull this week, send us a pm and I'll see if I can pick up the hatchback for him.

That's brilliant thanks reggie. I'll probably be up in Otley at some point before the summer so could arrange to drop in. Thanks also Pepper - if it's on your way that would be great, but don't go too far out of your way.

until 6 months ago i thought a lap top was an erotic dance - ha - so i dont know what a pm is - let me no what day you will be up this way and i will leave it in my carport in case i am out - pm ? post mark - ls6 3dx number 5. mobile 07836231275.
Reg

It should be no problems, I've got to pop over and see you to pick some trees up, I'm sure the Lord Admirals left some there for me.

hi pepper
will you be calling for that tailgate this week ? i hope its good enough for malcolm- i hadnt been near it for 20 years- its not perfect-but not bad either-it brought back a lot of memories when i found it.
Reg

Hi Reggie, I've been out of contact on the road for the past week, I had sent you my contact number in a personal message (PM) but you never responded so I couldn't contact you.

Well i think you need to work on your mechanical skills more than i do on my photography skills son....
see you at Easter.

progress on the other one.

well, i've done the handbrake cables and bearings and brakes and now started to put a new rear wing on one side, also does anyone know the best way to repair the corner behind the front nearside A panel as space is very limited or do i have to take off the A panel ( which i think is going to be the best way ).

• Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Image026.jpg
    Image026.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Image027.jpg
    Image027.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
It's possible to bend the bottom of the apex panel out of the way for welding access. then bend it back again afterwards fairly neatly. The plastic side panels hide the bend surprisingly well.

I recall welding the front part of the chassis on Rosalie using that method, so well worth a look at her for how it would end up.

Body looks quite rust free - must have been on it's original wings?

Hi Malcolm, thanks, and i did think of that but was'nt sure if it would bend back neatly enough and yes i think they where all original wings, it has only the three small holes one at the front and two just inside on the boot floor and no repairs on the floorpan anywhere underneath.
On another subject when you sprayed yours what paint do you use ?

Back