Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

The "Mucca" disassembling and restoration

Great job. Almost i would like to do it again:D

Idea with bearing at lever is fantastic. As rubber deteriorate to fast. Must see what sound will be while driving and changing gears.

Did you printed some other original details from interior? One that can not be bought, for instance? Clips? Plugs?

Thanks Petak!
For the moment I'm trying to replicate the cable grommet between the bonnet and the dashboard for the electric cables, as mine is completely destroyed.
But I use the printer mainly to design some mods, like the support for the bigger 2 speed radiator fan I have had for a while on the car
119239982_4360775257297474_9129063742009166928_o.jpg

That fan holder looks nice.

You are able to make rubber things also? Not just plastic!

It would be nice to have such "toy" to make small parts on the car.

It is indeed a nice toy, the biggest issue is to manage different materials and design the pieces.
But now they're also quite affordable

The fusebox with new blade "mini" type fuses is done, the plastic part is just a test, it will be in black.
It mounts as the original and on the rear side it has the same layout (this one has more faston just because it's a prototype).
Also the cover sits nicely on it like the original one
IMG_20201010_104427.jpg
IMG_20201010_104445.jpg
IMG_20201010_134732.jpg

Another saturday, anorther step
Adjusted the front torsion bars, it was way too high so we took away one tooth, now it looks way better, I think it just needs few kilometers on the road to adjust.
Installed the Twingo roof, I was waiting this moment for a while now, I just love it.
IMG_20201024_124843.jpg
IMG_20201024_124829.jpg
IMG_20201024_115502.jpg
IMG_20201024_115517.jpg

And then a comparsion between my new fusebox and the original one
IMG_20201017_102843.jpg

Another saturday, anorther step
Adjusted the front torsion bars, it was way too high so we took away one tooth, now it looks way better, I think it just needs few kilometers on the road to adjust.
Installed the Twingo roof, I was waiting this moment for a while now, I just love it.
View attachment 27090
View attachment 27091
View attachment 27092
View attachment 27093

And then a comparsion between my new fusebox and the original one
View attachment 27089
Looking good
How heavy is the twingo roof? I mean how much weight will that add to the car?

Looking good
How heavy is the twingo roof? I mean how much weight will that add to the car?
I didn't really think about it, but I don't think it adds much weight, the roof itself can be lifted with one hand

I didn't really think about it, but I don't think it adds much weight, the roof itself can be lifted with one hand
I'm considering getting one of those, but my car will have engine and tank guard, roof rack and other bits and every kg counts :)

I'm considering getting one of those, but my car will have engine and tank guard, roof rack and other bits and every kg counts :)
The real deal with roof rack is leaving the space between the canvas and the rack to let it open. I've got a rack too and as soon as possible I'll try it on mine.
I think the glass Twingo sunroof would be heavy, but this one is not going to change much the balance

I made a "mark 2" version of the fuse box and the gear lever joint, as some friends asked me to made them for their car.

For the gear lever I made some minor adjustment
photo_2020-11-28_19-39-12.jpg

While for the fusebox I adjusted the design to fit perfectly with the original cover and put in some spaces to fit five spare fuses. I'm really happy with the result
photo_2020-11-28_19-39-08.jpg
photo_2020-11-28_19-39-05.jpg

Great work!
Thank you!

Fantastic!
Fuse box looks perfect!

3D printing is something that will help us to preserve or R4s'

I find out more and more that biggest issue for keeping original look is to find small plastic bits and peaces for R4.

P.S. How much do you charge for that gear lever bearing and housing?

Fantastic!
Fuse box looks perfect!

I find out more and more that biggest issue for keeping original look is to find small plastic bits and peaces for R4.

I would be interested too

Fantastic!
Fuse box looks perfect!

The real deal is designing the parts, but 3d printing is a really helpful hand.

Next step is to play with some rubber

This first batch of lever bearing+housing has been made for some friends to test them, I think the overall cost would be around 20-25€ (didn't do the math honestly), do you think it could be competitive?

It might find way to the customers.

Especially if it will last longer than rubber that you can buy at franzose or melun (or some other web shop)

I starting to think about same thing as my gear lever is rattling when standing at idle.
And that rattling start to make me nervous:D

Back