Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What have I done! (R4 GTL)

Fantastic.

Have you thought about selling finished chassis? If you could sell them for e1,500, I am sure you would have some takers.

You have already done all the hard work.

Thank you for positive encourage but chassis is little bit big step for me at this moment.

To be honest, i have already thought about this idea but there are some details on chassis that i do not know how to make.

For example front crossmembers (if they are cold like that) that are holding engine and gearbox are one big problem. I do not know how to make them to look like original one.

These two elements of chassis that i have made are most critical one, and there are very few R4 which have good/healthy this parts.

Went to see guy that is working on R4 chassis and body

Welding on chassis is finished. Rear crossmembers are in place
P1060456.jpg

There is left to put sealant on all welds and joint of two plates, some antirust paint, than black chassis paint, wax in all holes on chassis and antistone paint (do not know is this right word for it) underneath the chassis.

And bring it home! :D

Mine have arrived from galvanising :)

20271310151142538487937.jpg

Have found one detail on body that need to be changed komplete.

mms_img-639565650.jpg

mms_img-1262583033.jpg

Inner part of rear right wheel arch.

Now i need to look for replacement part from some other scraped R4 that has this part in better shape!

I have one R4 for parts but not 100% shure how is this part of body.

Hi,
i ordered 2 new panels for mine from Renault but only the left hand side is still avalible
part number 7700513207..think it was around 10 pounds

Thank you for that info!

Definitely will try at local Renault dealer

Maybe miracle will happend

The work you're doing on the chassis is GREAT Petak! Really nice to see. Are you still going to post some detail pictures of all the smaller new parts you welded into the chassis?

This is definitely going to be a really neat chassis!

TX Rutger-peer!

Actually I do not have too many pictures of body parts that have been changed because, guy who is working on my car is some 100 km away (one way) and i was not there so many times.
And when i am there i really forgot to take pictures. I rather spend time talking about next steps, material that will be used what details to take care of.

Beside side crossmembers and rear crossmembers I needed to change some floor panels and that is about it.

Is there something that you are especially interested?

EDit: I have found pictures of parts that i have bouth for body work

11052011394.jpg

11052011399.jpg

30032011270.jpg

P1030434.jpg

Quick info.

Inner part of rear right wheel arch is not available from renault any more.

Scrap yard here i come:)

Petak, as a matter of interest, how much are you paying for those repair panels? Are they readily available in Croatia?

This rear inner wheel arches are not available in store but on scrap yard’s it can be found.
But they are mostly rusted too.
It is just mater how bad

Great work!

Hello Petak!
I have been following your projekt and it is amazing! I am an Norwegian R4 lover, and I have a 90 RTL in your neighbourhood, Tribunj. It would be fun to see your work in real.

Borge.

Hello Borgeb: You are more than welcome to come.

Finally to meet some foreign R4 enthusiasts

I got big boys "puzzle" game for present

some parts- first cleaned with electrolysis, then brushed with steel wire, galvanised, and powdercoated
P1070653.jpg

sorted
P1070655.jpg

old bolts/nuts/washers -galvanized
P1070652.jpg

new bolts/nuts/washers
P1070656.jpg

Do you know where this is going? :D
P1070657.jpg

P1070660.jpg

old galvanised and new one made out of stainless steel A4
P1070664.jpg

Also rear axle is finished and ready for mounting.
P1070654.jpg

first old paint and rust cleand with little help of electrolysis
P1070298.jpg

P1070300.jpg

P1070303.jpg

P1070304.jpg

P1070306.jpg

then cleand with steel wire brush,
one coat of primer
one coat of mat-black paint

Back