Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

That's quite an epic journey John, it makes our trip from Blighty seem like a visit to the local supermarket. Hope you all make it, and looking forward to meeting you all. Brian.

Ok after chatting to Gary this evening he informed me that we should be able to get rally plaques made up for £3-£4 a throw and he also suggested getting some union flags to affix to the cars to identify us a little more!

Anyone enterprising enough to propose a suitable looking Rally Plaque please?

Or thinking about it a little more, didn't someone propose one already? If so can someone point it out please?

Regards

Pepper

wow.....that is mental...theres me scared of doing 500km

Detailed planning for Thenay

Can people wishing to attend the event please look at Peppers other post in the events section.
We now have a proposed route and dates and need to firm up who wishes to Join the convoy.
Gary

Right, I've decided I'll be taking the F6 :)

As far as the proposed route goes, I like this a lot as that was essentially what I was planning anyway. Only difference being that I don't want to use the tunnel so I'll get the ferry on either Thursday afternoon or Friday very early morning.

Can we have a rendezvous point near the French side of the tunnel that we can meet at and then go from there?

An RV on the French side would be cool for those of us wishing to cross over from Portsmouth (or is it just me??)

An RV on the French side would be cool for those of us wishing to cross over from Portsmouth (or is it just me??)

Good idea. What about somewhere such as Chartres / Dreux which shouldn't be too out of the way if you sail to either Caen or Le Havre.

Stickers or Plaques ?

Hi Pepper, theberserkgorilla did mention it awhile ago but as
( Thenay stickers ) but i'm sure we could find out about something different depending what others say ?

Does sound like a plan. I mean, this is a year to remember!

Are we looking at Rally Plaques or Stickers? Either sound good. And what sort of things do we want on them? General '50th Thenay' type stuff or 'Renault4.co.uk' things or 'British Renault 4' ideas. Doubt I'd be the best person to do something but there's sure got to be a couple of people about with a decent grasp of Photoshop on here?

Maybe we should start an ideas thread. No there's an idea!

So far you are all opting for Portsmouth.
Are you thinking the overnight ferry on the 14th or a day ferry.
Gary

So far you are all opting for Portsmouth.
Gary

I'm not! I'm going Dover - Calais, just that I'm using the ferry rather than the tunnel.
Don't know whether I'll do afternoon of the 14th and stay somewhere near Calais or early morning of the 15th yet though.

So we've got three of us looking at doing this route so far... ;)

Anyone else fancy going this way?

after a long (some would say too short) relative silence all is now set for Thenay-Finally got confirmed the place we're staying (1,5kms away from
the course)so all I need now is someone who can wheelbarrow me home across the fields in case I need to check and double check the local red!
-Idea of sticker and or flag sounds brill-I'm hoping for a "rally-sticker" as proposed too. I'll fly the Norwegian and French flag from my absolutely naff roof-rack -R.

you not camping then?...or you going for comfort Hotel

Comfort.

yup-my back aint half what it used to be-and it never was,so
we're going comfort. if you're not volunteering to rub my back that is c",)

Ok I've updated the first post on this thread with all the people who have expressed an interest and have tried to mark where people want to travel from, if I have missed anyone can they please let me know by either PM or by post here, so I can update the thread.

The UK routes so far look to be splitting into three ways, which are below.

Dover - Calais; Pepper, GGcton, Lobster.

Portsmouth - St Malo ?? 722Stu, Bajababy, Alewis

Plymouth - Roscoff; Cornish4 and Renault4Mad (understandably from where they are coming from)

Back