Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What have I done! (R4 GTL)

Thank you guys for kind words!
Just trying to do best I can and know!

Pictures are there to help me ( and others) get everything back in right place and order!

Hello Petak, I am happy to see you are finally so close! Soon I will see you driving in my neighborhoud with a big ( or nervous?) smile in your face. I have followed your work, it is indeed some standard you are defining here!

For the door switches, it should be enough with the drivers door. And, maybe it should be possible to find a magnetic or induction switch that can do the job, glued in a hidden place? Just my first thaught.

I will be around after mid- april, see you!

Thank you borgeb for idea!

I have started to pull wires through pillars for door switch....At the end they will go on pillars.....easiest way to do it....

Borgeb.....then i have little time left until you came.....must hurry myself

See you in few days

Think I would of mounted switches inside pillar area and let it be operated on the part of the door restraining strap which folds up when door closed and opening door will pull strap outwards to operate

Good idea mr-reno-139.

Would work on front doors but not on rear ones....
Mounting points of restraining strap on rear door is on inner face of pillar and there is no place to mount door switch.

How about those micro switches with a spring y lever arm mounted really low near the sill mounted to b pillar the arm could touch the inner face of rear door ?

Screenshot_2015-04-09-08-06-02.png these are more used in electronic applications but I have used them for reverse light switches on some cars were there is no hole in the gearboxthere are loads of types listed on ebay this is just a random one I found it should be possible to mount a small bracket lowdown true the two fixing holes Or possibly even mount flush with the sill

This is great! Thank you, thank you........will investigate those switches little bit more....and definitely would consider them.

Can you give me some clue how their wiring goes?

This is great! Thank you, thank you........will investigate those switches little bit more....and definitely would consider them.

Can you give me some clue how their wiring goes?
Used on my Hillman Imp as a reversing light switch.
Will sort out wiring and advise asap.

I was visiting Petak for a view of his work and a beer. I can assure all followers that his project is still stepping forward allthough there has been no pctures in a month or so. Great work!

Today i was just thinking of how i should put some update here.

little bit busy on all other fields so no much time for R4.
Most of my time is spend on this project
IMG_20150513_130722.jpg

But let go back to R4.

Electrical wiring inside cabin is finished (left to connect light in boot)

Interior light is connected to door switches.
Add right side B pillar light (same as original one)
Light will go on when you open any door (including boot) and shut down after some 15-20sec.
But in any time you can switch it in traditional way by turning glass on light it self.
Both lights (left and right) will illuminate

Some wiring

Door switches (after some time spend investigating microswitches left that idea aside)
P5070008.jpg

P5070006.jpg

Wiring through B pillar
P4060027.jpg

P4180001.jpg

Left side
P4180004.jpg

Right side
P4180003.jpg

Finished wiring

Left light
P5120001.jpg

Right light
P5120003.jpg

Device that is controlling light

P5100019.jpg

Wipers are equpied with interval wiping.
Wires are arranged in such manner that is i decide to remove it or it got broke i can unplug it and wiper will work as normal R4 wippers

In proces of planing
P4290001.jpg

Conected as i wanted and checked if it works correctly
P4290002.jpg

P4290003.jpg

P4290004.jpg

Device it self
P5070005.jpg

Cut to reasonable length after positioning under the steering column

P5100017.jpg

P5100018.jpg

Location under steering column with double side adhesive and rubber

P5120002.jpg

And finally dash board is back in car

Without dashboard
P5110022.jpg

Dashboard in (had some problems because of insulation on ventilation openings but after slight persuasion all get to right place)
P5110023.jpg

Instrument cluster
P5110024.jpg

lower part steering column cover

P5120004.jpg

look under

P5120005.jpg

P5120006.jpg

And that is all for now... see you!

I'm a long way behind that's great work Petak . Have taken the plunge and bought a Mig welder. So some fast reading of Malcolm's Mig welding tutorial should have me back on track soon. Lovely boat ...great lines. I have many projects too and not all RENAULT related!

Looking good petak, I like the idea of intermittent wipers, you're getting there. You are a boat builder? I was in that business a few years ago, fitting out yachts and fishing boats, so I was interested to see your other project.

Wish I could get the photos and descriptions to layout on the page like that
Keep up the good work

Thank you guy for encourage...at this moment crucial thing i s not to start rushing to finish it...and i am barely holding myself of doing just that.

JonathanT.....same way my thoughts are going.....it is time to get my self some welding machine and start to learn to weld...(for my next project ;) :whistle:)

Cornish4.....actually i am not boat builder...not building boats with my own hands but with my head ("They" call my profession "naval architect") and this is my latest project...24m long new building made of laminated oak wood....
But usually doing bigger or smaller reconstructions on existing vessels. fishing vessel to tourist vessel for example

Made one more new building in my career. small 8,5m long aluminum harbor vessel for collecting gray/waste and bilge waters from big yachts that can not get to the shore to connect to land systems and with strong firefighting gun for harbor/marinas purposes..

PC110001.jpg

PC110005.jpg

And one major reconstruction of movie set vessel that was under water for year. from old vessel only was left idea and body lines but every peace of wood was changed with new (full restoration :D) because it rotted

Before
P2010003.jpg

P2010001.jpg

P2010002.jpg

After

30032011264.jpg

30032011265.jpg

Mr-reno-139...pictures are made because of me at first place so i can put my R4 back as it was (and to learn and memorize how R4 is build) and after that it is easy to select pictures and share with you.

P.S. Hope that this few vessel pictures wont bother you here in this topic....Is you believe that they do not belong here i will remove them...Thank you

Back