Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What have I done! (R4 GTL)

Yesterday i had some job to do in Split so take a chance and surprised body guy to see what is going on for real.

So have some pictures, fresh from oven :D

Only pictures, not a single word! ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

There is still to put sealant on some joint, align all doors, front wings and bonnet.
Sanded once more with water sander and then paint it in chamber so that it can be cured on higher temp for some time

Now you can imagine how i feel! ;)

You have a strong patience, my friend. :) But when you are gonna make first drive, everything will be repayed.. Smile to the ears guaranteed. :) This is definitely gonna be one of the most beautiful and tehnically in a superb shape R4 in Croatia, down to every bolt.

Brilliant work, so detailed and with the added work you are doing it will be the ultimate Renault 4.

Keep up with the updates please.

And now something completely different.

My front yard on last Thursday.
P9110001.jpg

P9110002.jpg

P9110003.jpg

I am standing on my doorstep after have done everything i could do!
Some 35-40 cm of water!

luckily R4 was not in garage!

Just wrote an email to you, and now I see this :( :( I hope your house is okay.. do you have much damage?

I was lucky that wall between road and neighbor's garden was low (aligned with my upper step) so water started to flush over wall into garden.
Neighbor's house is on much higher part so water never came to his house.

My garage was wet, but inside was nothing that could be damaged. So actually no damage to me (except wet garage doors and walls)

Neighbor below me (his house you can see on photo) had big damage. Whole ground floor was flooded. 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, bathroom. And boiler room (for heating whole house) on other side.

Scary is that all happened in one hour of very heavy rain.

Hi Petak, glad that you didn't suffer any damage, though sorry to hear about your neighbour.

Sun is shining again!;):)

"Baby" have arrived home yesterday evening. My wife is referring to R4 as our fourth child. Her small joke to me

Please be gentile to picture quality. My hands were shaking all day yesterday.

At the bodyshop:
IMG_20141021_170218.jpg

IMG_20141021_170551.jpg

IMG_20141021_170732.jpg

IMG_20141021_170744.jpg

INside:
IMG_20141021_170838.jpg

Composition for loading car into truck
IMG_20141021_172022.jpg

Ready to go home
IMG_20141021_175027.jpg

IMG_20141021_175053.jpg

In garage

IMG_20141021_202520.jpg

IMG_20141021_202534.jpg

I need to check today is it really in my garage or i was dreaming!

He is really in garage i was not dreaming.....:D

Thank you for comments!

Cyprus Andy: It looks scary but actually was not so big deal. Truck has lifting crane so we "pull" car into truck. Really slowly. cm by cm (or inch by inch) We have measured space between beams and aligned them with wheel space of r4 and pull it up.

Thank you Alive: color is really something. even better that i had in mind,

Borgeb: Thank you! Wish it was 10 days earlier so you could see it live. But spring is just around corner and we will drink that bear looking into our's R4!

Congratulations!! I think you will be in that garage before breakfast tomorrow. You chose the colour well, it looks amazing!

Back