Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

What I am doing!

They only re-expand slowly, and the rounded shock end would only penetrate the ribcage a short distance, so all good.....

I might have to replace the water pump, as it's just developed that usual suspicious noise, but no leaks.QUOTE]

Hi Brian - hope all is well. What suspicious noises do you get with the water pump? I thought mine was on the way out as there was a leak but tightened a few hoses and seem better.The is a bit of a noise on idle but i thought it was the fan belt.

Not sure Jim, belts are fine, and it only does it now and then. So for now im going to leave well alone. Ive given the car a couple of good runs this week without a murmur.
Regards Brian.

Hi folks, the strange noise is the waterpump belt tension pulley bearing. Quick spray with WD40, hey presto! So new bearing required. In the meantime I've been doing one or two other jobs. I noticed after raising the back end that the rear brakes had a tendency to lock up under heavy braking, so I've guesstimated the tension on the brake compensator spring, as I don't have the necessary equipment to set it exactly, but I've not tested it yet. Also the rear brakes needed adjusting, as the auto adjustment wasn't working.
I've also been playing in the cockpit by fitting an instrument panel under the dash, and also installing a rev counter. The set up I had before was a bit haphazard, this is much neater. Yes, I know, the gear knob is in the line of view, but the gauges are just back up aren't they:)
For now the car sits in the garage until safer times.20200414_162755.jpg20200414_162736.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should say that Simon, that was next on the list :laughing: Good to hear from you. Stay safe you two. Regards Brian.
Hello Brian
This thread ‘ What I am doing’ is actually my restoration project blog.
Do love your posts but might be better in your own blog or on ‘Clementines Cafe’?
Best wishes Jonathan

I beg your pardon Jonathan, my mistake, sorry. I've moved now to Projects, under the heading, "Fossicking in the garage". Glad you enjoy my ramblings.
Kind regards Brian.

Thanks for this thread. Encouraging stuff. My old dear is about to lose its body. One chassis attachment bolt (the middle rear by boot floor beginning) is proving immovable and I'll have to cut it out/off. Then ready to raise body and see what horrors await.

Back