Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Road trip 2011 - Thenay 50th Anniversary

I'm planning Calais too. I'll be disorganised and drive down Friday morning and aim to catch you up along the route. :D We ought to exchange mobile numbers closer to the time.

I'm Calais to with berserkgorilla probably, but not quite sure when yet.

Given the numbers now planning Calais we must be able to plan a location, time and place to meet on the French side and go down together

I'm thinking that the 05.55 P&O sailing ex Dover might be good. Arrives in Calais at 08.25 French time.

Maybe we could meet somewhere close to Calais (maybe Cite d'Europe or Calais seafront) by say 9.30 then we could set off across France from there?

Edit to add - cheap enough as well :)

ferryquote-1.jpg

First post on this thread and other thread updated with peoples movements!

So any ideas on what's happening with the people who want to travel by other routes???

grrr

why don't the French talk to each other?:confused:

Here we have the big 2cv meet in Salbris not that far from the Renault 4 venue in Thenay!

a week apart!!!:shock:

We could have done both darn it,

and seen lots of our favourite little [Renault and Citroen] cars made friends, seen old friends, drunk a bit [ahem!] of French beer cider and wine, dined out well seen a lot of lovely countryside....enjoyed the sunshine...:hug:

ah well, anybody up for a joint R4 2cv meet in Kent this year ..you know it makes sense!

Because they would'nt be French if they did would they ?

I've two friends who have 2CV's of which one lives in Leicester seen him quite a few times now, and the other in Norfolk not seen very often.
But like the Renault they spread far and wide.

Claire/Ian we'll be leaving here pretty early on the morning to drive down, you're more than welcome to travel with us if you choose the same day as us. ;)

How's the welding going BTW?

Last edited:
Count me in!!! Just got the R4 on the road after almost two years in the local garage.........long story. This will be its first major roadtrip and looking forward to it already. Most likely the Dover route.
Will def. be purchasing a one off badge for the event :0)

Ian and I are coming up from the Moulin Bodin

Looking at itineries and the enthusiasm - Is it viable to get to Thenay and back to London, leaving Friday morning and back Sunday evening?

Mind says no but heart flirting with idea!

Cheers

I'm looking at going down Friday morning and probably returning, for the Monday afternoon. So far for us it looks like we're planning to take the convoy on the way down and make our own way back up again. But as I say, I'm open to other peoples suggestions and I can take the time off from work to travel earlier or later.

For me as a one marque show, there's only so many Renault 4's I can look at in one weekend ;)

Thinking about it, a lot of people who do Le Mans, do exactly what we're planning to do, I see a whole load of them coming back up on a Sunday evening when I'm using eurotunnel.

It should be a reasonably easy trip back if you use the autoroutes, IIRC Via Michelin reckons its doable in about 4.5hours!

Looking at itineries and the enthusiasm - Is it viable to get to Thenay and back to London, leaving Friday morning and back Sunday evening?

Mind says no but heart flirtring with idea!

Cheers

I'd have thought that was very possible!

I'm planning on an early ferry Friday morning (P&O 05.55 ex Dover :shock: ) to meet wherever the rendezvous point is near Calais on Friday morning. Looks like a leisurely drive through the countryside would get us there mid afternoonish.

Probably make my own way back from Thenay, leave mid - late Sunday afternoon and get an evening (8-9pm?) ferry back from Calais. Whether I then stay in Dover for the night or just crack on and drive back 'oop North I haven't yet decided.

Ditto. Thinking Friday early start, via Dover-Calais and then back late Sun afternoon. Got lots of work to do before then though!

This is sounding good! Thanks Team

May be joining you afterall!

Getting an amber light from home ;)

Bob (my brother) may be with me navigating :)

Cue the Wacky Races ....
Peter Perfect, Sergeant Blast, Big Gruesome, Rock Slag, Rufus Ruffcut, Red Max, Muttley, Little Gruesome, Gravel Slag, Professor Pat Pending, Sawtooth, Ring-a-Ding , Luke and Blubber Bear , Penelope Pitstop, Dick Dastardly, Clyde, Private Meekly

Tickets

Recieved my 4L magazine today with coupon for tickets.
Would someone please do an accurate translation.

thenay001.jpg
[/IMG]

Back