Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Thenay trip stickers

I'm thinking of fitting roof-bars or roof-rack for extra lights and spare wheel, so the rally-plaque could be mounted on a suitable backing bolted to the front of the rack.A bit 4L Trophy-ish.:lol: Marigold said thank you very much Gary.

That's exactly what I'm thinking of too, stick the roof bars on and it'll be an excellent place to put the plaque ;)

Yes the front of the 4 is a bit limited for mounting a plaque, and I'm thinking roof bars are a neat solution. Somewhere to mount those spotlights too, that some forum members have been talking about in the past. Although I'm not sure of the legality of using them, but there are plenty of 4x4s around with them fitted so why not.:cool:

Methinks we could be starting a new trend here. I'm off to the Bristol Classic Car Show next weekend, will see what I can pick up there, but I do have some roof bars, kindly given by renault4mad, so that's a start.

The plaques seem to have gone down well then.
I still have a few left if there is any one else going to Thenay who would like one Gary

Thanks Garry got ours yesterday ( very slow post here sometimes ) we will be there after a few repairs that is. still hav'nt worked out what time we're going yet but should be Friday ?

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 78
Arrived by Special Delivery today. Thanks Gary and Malcolm. Brilliant!

q58fRl.jpg

i have put mine in the rear window of the citroen lol :D

Picture please Michael..picture..

..Everyone else has them on the front Michael - are you putting it on the back of your Saxo GTI Michael as you 'iz very embarrassed about driving around the Fenland roads in a Saxo Salt Seller?

Talking of the Fens Michael..have you ever heard of the Fen Tiger - Its supposed to be a Bengal tiger that escaped from Burwell Zoo a while ago and eats roots shoots and leaves..

• xxxx.jpg
    xxxx.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 83
Fen Tiger

Well Ian,

I believe you have seen the famous tiger much like myself, on the same day at the same time.

It is not a rare thing to see wandering about the fens, or even sitting by the edge of fields or walking out infront of cars at dusk casing the driver to be startled. Its seen often close to where i live because we are on the edge of wicken fen nature reserve.
The local school had the best glimps when a class of 8 were leaving one afternoon and spotted it crossing a field. A work mate of mine has also seen it when he came into the village on the river road (back road) He was trundeling along the wiers when he happened to see this hugh big black puma shaped creatue walking in a field next to the river so he stopped, wound down his window and sat and watched it.

People have tried to catch it but it appears to be to smart, hence the theroy it was once a caged animal that escaped into the wild. More here. http://www.infinite-love-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=569

http://www.cambs.police.uk/about/foi/disclosure/Alleged Confirmed Sightings of big cats.pdf

• imagesCA1TYLK4.jpg
    imagesCA1TYLK4.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 77
  • imagesCACE3UU6.jpg
    imagesCACE3UU6.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 75
Morning all,

A friend has just informed me that the (whisper) "2cv world" is having its 'grand' gathering near Tours the weekend after Thenay. I will probablly be popping up in Ians old green 4L which will have been restored the previous weekend at thenay.

It is literally just down the road so those in the area on holiday might want to swing by both if your looking for some thing to do.

Michael

• IMGP4485.jpg
    IMGP4485.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP4486.jpg
    IMGP4486.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGP4487.jpg
    IMGP4487.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 63
It would be useful to have some way of recognising each other - would be a great shame to walk past members who live hundreds or thousands of kilometres away and not recognise them.

How about a Clementine badge? About 50mm diameter with a pin to attach it to your t-shirt. It could also be 100mm sticker for the inside of a windscreen. (the attached image is work in progress)

I know this is an old thread but I really really like these round windscreen badges/stickers. Are they still available, Malcolm?

They were plastic rally plaques and I think they were all handed out at Thenay, but I can send the image if you fancy having a sticker printed. We ought to do something for the 60th anniversary.

It was the round windscreen sticker I particularly like. A nice design for a t-shirt/sweatshirt too

I never had any printed, but could send the artwork if you fancy printing one.

I've emailed the artwork. I've just printed one out and put it in my tax disc holder. Much more colourful than the tax disc.

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 3
Back