Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

There's a Renault 4 in my garage at last

Engine all put back together... Test drive time

• 20170513_140240.jpg
    20170513_140240.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 7
I wouldn't worry too much - most of us are missing that bit. It doesn't do much, and if you are interested in authenticity should it not be on the rearmost rocker cover fastener?

Maybe kicking about from that engine.
How she going now? Guessing a lot better then before!

I wouldn't worry too much - most of us are missing that bit. It doesn't do much, and if you are interested in authenticity should it not be on the rearmost rocker cover fastener?

Malcolm, I have had a look at "Springs on gear linkage rod" and various other images of the R4 engine bay and it seems I have mine in the correct position, between oil filler cap and fuel filter.

20170514_183330.jpg

That it?

Just been out on run, took her upto 120kph and she pulls like a train, a little chuffy but all good, just need to oil the throttle linkage as it's a bit sticky, here she is basking in the sunset

• 20170514_203821.jpg
    20170514_203821.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20170514_203847.jpg
    20170514_203847.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 5
its from the dead engine so I don't see why not, I'll try to get to my garage this week and see if i can find the spare caps as well.

really impressed by what you've done in such a relatively short time it looks great and sounds as if you've got it up to speed (literally). I think I'm slightly envious but have got the 'twingo'now to distract me! May the 4 be with you!

really impressed by what you've done in such a relatively short time it looks great and sounds as if you've got it up to speed (literally). I think I'm slightly envious but have got the 'twingo'now to distract me! May the 4 be with you!
Thanks Declan, put in many hours bringing it back to life, it drives better with it's new exhaust and service items in place, just the gear change to sort in the short term before I look at the oil leak etc.. she turns heads everywhere she goes ? ping us a picture of the the Twingo please :-)

Back