Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I've ordered a new chassis for the F4 van!

Fire up the chainsaw :laughing:
It is well packaged :)

Now the chassis is here I ought to start thinking about getting the van ready. Apart from the front wings there is hardly any welding needed on the body. Just a couple of small spots. I'll raise the body from the old chassis and do those before putting the body on the new chassis.

Ought to find a way of working on the van. I've been neglecting my cars. Maybe a couple afternoons a week will work so I still get on with the house. Having a shiny chassis sitting there should be motivating.

build a few good things out of the pallet too!

Claude had a good jet wash underneath and is now installed under the tent.

He is in surprisingly good condition. Just the tops of the front wings and a couple of holes at the bottom to weld up before starting the chassis swap.

20200707_142953.jpg

Did not know it went for Cameroon?
How did you get it back?

Definitely you have a story there...

It will be interested to meet person who decided to bring it back.

Would be interested to hear what that person have to say about this little princes

What love it must be!

Than there is question about grill on the hood.....That is something you put afterwards, or someone before you.
As in 1987 they came out with black or gray plastic grill.
This one is closer to his overall look

The grill and bumper were changed by someone else before I knew the van. I think it looks much nicer than the grey plastic grill.

See, you need to get that woodburner now. It just makes perfect sense :clapping:

Got one. This is on the other side of the tent :laughing:

wood-stacked.jpg

Made a start today. I've got a pair of new wings but I'll never match the colour so thinking about trying to repair the original ones.

20200708_144637.jpg

20200708_155152.jpg

Just about ready to lift the body off now. There are a few bits of rust on the bulkhead behind the inner wings so I've taken them off for access.

Both sides have rust holes in the bulkhead right at the top of the wings. Haven't seen them rust there before. There was a big lump of sealant there.

20200711_145418.jpg

That is a setback, have never seen it in that place. Seems rusted through and through, just a bit more work :(
Luckely no affected footwells 'cause they're brand new :D

That is a setback, have never seen it in that place. Seems rusted through and through, just a bit more work :(
Luckely no affected footwells 'cause they're brand new :D

It's good to work out how (some of) the water was getting in. :) I think it's an improvement to rust proofing after 1985 that didn't quite work.

The floor was always wet and some water gets in through the tailgate area too. It's an easy repair if a bit fiddly to cut the bad stuff out.

Back