Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Other projects not R4 related

Thanks @dg ! I think the pub idea might not be a good one. Will have added about half a million to the value of the house changing it from a pub to a house so I would need to sell a lot of beer if I were to change it back. Better to use it as a pension.

Better to hang fire on secondary glazing until I finish mine and I know that it works. Got a commission to make some windows for a narrow boat and I'm not being very quick on that. I suspect I would be one of those annoying trades people as I'm so busy doing stuff at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing updates on the electric Renault.

I am also very interested to see details about e-R4.
Simmilar tought cross my mind in last few weeks so started to read more on e-cars diy forum.
But it looks like i am not so much i electricity as i tought i am. It is to much schratches in my mind to get it.

Could setup a pub in a small shed for outdoor serving so meeting social distancing + keeping the house!

Almost finished building the man-cave and decided to do a bit for the environment.
No, no, absolutely not driving an already heavily polluted battery driven E-car but, while living in the outside of our small old village, we have a modern separated sewer system, one channel for raw sewage and one channel for rain water.
So I decided to seperate the channels on our new old property, digging a mere 35 meters of trenches and laying some pipe work.

Digging with diesel driven hydraulic power.
leidingwerk_01.jpg

leidingwerk_02.jpg

And found the municipality layed rainwater drain connection.
leidingwerk_03.jpg

Laying some pipes.
leidingwerk_04.jpg leidingwerk_05.jpg

Disconnecting the old combined environment.
leidingwerk_06.jpg

Laying more pipes and burying some ground treasures.
leidingwerk_07.jpg

And connecting the zinc drain pipes to the newly installed rainwater drainage.
leidingwerk_08.jpg
leidingwerk_09.jpg

The outside job is almost finished, just a couple of elements for the channel run left to install as well as 1 zinc drain pipe.
The inside is my cave so my secret :D but there's a phone (a functioning model from 1970), electricity, running cold and hot water, insulation, compressed air and more... yes @Jnr-Renospeed there are torsion bars ;)

Cheers, Joop :waving:

Currently dog-sitting our lovely 3-yr-old Foxhound(?)/rescue girl who's had her leg sawn off and bolted back on to fix a cruciate ligament break :eyepatch:
Up at 2.30am this morning because (very surprisingly) she started playing with our collie (18 mths) - now 3 days after the op, she is over the anaesthetics and thinks she is cured :doh: She was bonkers before the op, so keeping her humanely restrained is challenging. She must have overdone it yesterday/early this morning and had trouble lying down when I got up early to stop the play. Bed at 4am again after she finally calmed down and managed to lie down, after many many experimental beds to make it easier. I slept downstairs for the first night in the recliner to monitor this, but that was incredibly uncomfortable and I just couldn't stand it!

Very difficult as she is a large powerful and infinitely cuddly & loving sniffing/running-machine. Certainly won't be crating her; vets sedated her constantly because she came around from the op so fast and wanted to play with the nurses :hug:

(Picture is before the operation)

home sweet home.JPG

I've almost finished stripping the mock tudor and wallpaper. It has taken ages! The before and after photos are funny. This is how it looks now. Still looking a little unfinished but already much more calming.

wallpaper-stripped.jpg

This is how it looked before! Arrrrgggh!

mock-tudor.jpg

The difference:

20200527_112057.jpg

The design of the garden has started, first everything is removed and a small garden toy is dug in.
20200615_185651.jpg

The terrace has been laid, grouting will be done this friday.
20200617_171631.jpg

And the dog wonders what's happened, looking for his old spot in the grass.
20200617_172738.jpg

Just finished paving 85m2 of grass sods, our 2018 planted pedunculate oak stands firm in the middle, some plants in small borders are taking root, garden electrics and lights installed and now waiting for 3 tons of white round river gravel to arrive.
20200708_140508.jpg

Such a big difference! It looks fantastic, especially the paving. Sure your dog will be happy with the grass!

Thanks, this is a garden before after impression.
Buying a property that has been neglected for over 35 years is a real challenge though @malcolm may have a bigger challenge ;), I'll spare you my house detail pictures.
Restoring a R4 that's been neglected for 35 years is easier.

BeforeAfter01.jpg

BeforeAfter02.jpg

Back