Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 TL restauration

For safety, yes.
For esthetics definitely not. You'll never get it as good as the factory did on the later cars.

Ha! I had my first long distance trip with Louise. A 400 km trip on the dutch highway. Good news, I had no problems at all! Much attention from other drivers. 100km/h was the most comfortable speed to drive. Top speed I measured (GPS): 112km/h (ow yeahhh)

But the noise, the noise :o:D. My wife had a noise canceling audio headset, so that was very comfortable, I forgot my earplugs though...

How do you experience driving long distances? Do you plug in earprotection, or do you go all the way with soundproofing, or is it just acceptance & go with the loving sounds of the engine?:fighting:

How do you experience driving long distances? Do you plug in earprotection, or do you go all the way with soundproofing, or is it just acceptance & go with the loving sounds of the engine?:fighting:

It's all part off the overall R4 experience, the noise, the wind, the suspension and the banking while taking corners at high speed :D
I drove a lot and I mean A LOT of kilometers with my first R4 and never experienced a loud noise, maybe the GTL's bigger engine, higher torque and running lower rpm, reduces overall noise.
Maybe by driving a lot with the R4 could be the reason why I'm partial deaf, so the cause isn't lying in years and years firing with various army rifles and machine guns :whistle:

Last edited:
I only noticed there might be a noise problem and soundproofed my F6 when I noticed at petrol stops progressively more and more people turned there heads when I spoke to attendants the further the journey due to the ‘buzz ‘ of driving my 4 remaining in my ears even when out of the 4.
Definite attention grabbers, even unintentionally.

A bit quiet on the R4 front, but next weekend we are going for a 1150 km trip in germany to the wedding location of my sister in law. The car will be used as a dj booth on a campsite, much fun!

In the meanwhile, I bought myself a small project on a flea market in the city centre in Groningen. Meet the metal meat chopper! IMG_20190602_173437.jpg
Cheers!

Louise was asked to act as a wedding for my sister in law. We installed a musicsystem into the booth, it was a good party!!
IMG_20190608_154229.jpg
Downside.. To prevend that the rear booth would smash down on children I put a metal strap onto the lever device. Workef brilliantly offcourse (:)) , but some person decided that it would be a good idea to close the booth (for whatever reason..), result, a totally bended lever and also the rear body beam was bended, tha €_) :%_&:. :mad:
IMG_20190608_184534.jpg
The guy was very sorry, but it is on me to get it all fixed again, pfff. I hope I do have a spare lever..

Positive sidenote, she hold her 10 hour trip (580km) very well! :) :)

Wow, a F4!! Did it run? Any rust underneath? Was it for sale? :D

Yes! I finally bought my first lathe! :D It will be a good clean and restoration project. It is a Triton Junior (nothing more then a dutch import brand) but is in fact a Swedisch made Högbo 75 which is an indirect copy of the Atlas 618. Anyway, it is fantastisch to have it my bench and after the first clean up it really expose the precision. I think the lathe is from the 50' (or maybe the 40's). Can't wait to get my hands on! IMG_20200124_185837.jpgIMG_20200124_190529.jpg

Great tool to own.
Every now and then there is need for lathe machine.
And now you do not need to beg anyone to make you something small on lathe.

Can you give us little more details. How long is it? How big/long object can you put inside?

Last edited:
Hi guys & gals!

Last months I have been (slowly) working on restoring a Swedish Högbo 75 metal lathe. This lathe was a direct copy of the well known American Atlas 618. This 'Triton Junior' was a Dutch import lable. I think it is imported somewhere around the 1940's. Pretty cool 'eh :D

Anyway, I would like to share the progress sofar!

Dismantle all the various bits & thricks
IMG_20200126_163447.jpg

Protecting the bedways
IMG_20200126_183537.jpg

Cleaned & primercoat
IMG_20200128_212401.jpg

Sandblasting various parts

IMG_20200131_105812.jpg
IMG_20200131_122325.jpg

Painting
IMG_20200202_172732.jpg
IMG_20200203_224221.jpg